Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Adoption

I read this today in an article published by Dan Cruver in Tabletalk Magazine. "The good news of the gospel is that God speaks analogously to every Christian, everyone who is in Christ. If we are adopted by God and are in Christ, we are "sons" and "children of God" (Rom. 8:15-16). As God's adopted children, we not only have the privilege of participating in His work, we also do so in the strength and knowledge of our father's love."

All of us who are in Christ are adopted sons and daughters who now have the blessing and benefits of being children of God. I think we often forget who we are in Christ. What joy to know that in Him I have access to all the blessings of His house.

I have many friends who have adopted children, and it fills my heart with joy every time I witness an exchange between the parents and children. It is so beautiful. It most cases without prior knowledge you would never know these children were adopted because of the natural love that is given and received. Once the adoptive process is complete there is no observable difference between adopted and natural born.

In a very real sense this is what it means to be "born again". You and I who were strangers, now are a part of the family of God. What a glorious privilege!

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children"-Ephesians 5:1 NIV 

1 comment :

  1. My friend Danny Davis sent me this link. Check it out to read more about Adoption from a biblical perspective. http://www.scribd.com/doc/47733167/The-Doctrine-of-Adoption-Exploring-God-s-Love-for-His-Children

    ReplyDelete