Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Are you quick to quarrel?


It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.
Proverbs 20:3  (NIV)


The Bible has a lot to say about fighting. Sometimes we are called to fight to defend what is true, other times the Bible challenges us to avoid strife. The difficulty is to know when to fight and when not to fight. 

My prayer this morning is that God will give me wisdom to know when it it time to engage and when it is time to let things go. One thing I do understand is that God calls me to forgive and show mercy. The default mode of our humanity often leads us to assume the worst of others. But I want to be someone who doesn't assume the worst but I want to believe for the best. 

I want to avoid the foolish quarrels, and petty issues that separate people. I want to be a man, a leader, who loves and serves and seeks to glorify God with excellence in all that I do. 

Perhaps this is your prayer today as well. 

No comments :

Post a Comment